Big Learning News Comments

This is a comment forum for readers of Big Learning News, the Internet's best family education newsletter. Big Learning News is a free weekly grab bag of brain-boosting family fun, with activities, web sites, book reviews, toy reviews, and more. Subscribe at http://www.biglearning.com/newsletter.htm.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Activity: Enjoy some poetry

http://www.poetryarchive.org/childrensarchive/home.do


On this site, you and the kids can listen to some great children's poetry read by the poet. The recordings also contain an introduction in which the poet explains the poem.


Beware of some browser issues though. I couldn't get the recordings to play in Firefox, but the site seemed to detect this and showed the text of both the poet's introduction and the poem (but no warning about not being able to play the poem - I had to guess that for myself). With Internet Explorer, the poems played beautifully, but I didn't see the text, and I guess I wanted both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home